The Social Development Council of Cornwall and Area, is looking for 2 highly motivated, dynamic, creative, organized, and passionate summer students to help support the Vibrant Communities(VC) Project, the Regional Emergency Response Council(RERC) and local non-profits.
This position’s main responsibilities will include:
- Working in collaboration with the Vibrant Communities’s working group and RERC to assist in the execution of various projects in the community.
- Creating and implementing communications and marketing plans including but not limited to developing and administering e-mail messages and social media posts.
- Promoting the events and projects in the region.
- Support members of Vibrant Communities (local non-profits and service providers) in their own projects and initiatives.
- Support the various projects within the Social Development Council with administrative support.
The position will report directly to the Executive Director of the Social Development Council.
- College, University or high school level student returning to school in the fall of 2021
- Motivated, passionate, confident, and able to work both independently and in a team
- Familiar with technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, with exceptional time-management skills
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), G-Suite, and video creation
- Marketing and project management experience is an asset
- The ability to speak and write in French is a highly valued asset
- Ability to work remotely
In compliance with the funding eligibility requirements, applicants must also: be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment; have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year; be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act3; and, be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
35 hours per week for 8 weeks at $14.25 an hour.
To apply to this posting, please send a cover letter, and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:00pm, Monday May 17, 2021. Only applicants to be considered for the position will be contacted. Thank you!
About the Social Development Council
SDC exists to build and strengthen communities. Our mission is to Collaborate with partners to incubate, connect and strengthen social development enterprises across Cornwall Stormont, Dundas, Glengarry and Akwesasne.
About Vibrant Communities (VC):
Vibrant Communities is a collective impact led by The Social Development Council(SDC) of Cornwall and Area. At the core is a poverty reduction strategy that uses the Tamarack model for Collective Impact. It engages hundreds of policy makers, healthcare workers, non-profit professionals, business owners, people with lived experience and many more from across SDG, Akwesasne and Cornwall. As determined by the community through public engagement, our priorities (our pillars) are; Mental Health, Health Services, Poverty and Community Safety.
With a focus on prevention, the VC group has broken into four working groups so as to take action collectively and address the largest societal issues. The next step is to review the feasibility of these strategies and develop a comprehensive implementation plan.
Funded by Canada Summer Jobs Program