Summer Student Positions
Event Planning and Admin Assistant – Social Development Council
The Social Development Council of Cornwall and Area, is looking for 2 highly motivated, dynamic, creative, organized, and passionate summer students to help plan and market events as well with support various projects with administration.
The Event Planning and Admin Assistant’s main responsibilities will include:
- Working in collaboration with the Social Development Council’s working group to assist in the execution of various event.
- Creating and implementing event communications and marketing plans including but not limited to developing and administering e-mail messages and social media posts.
- Promoting the events in the region
- Supporting event participants with the registration process
- Help administer surveys and gather feedback for the purpose of reporting to funding partners
- Support the various projects within the Social Development Council with administrative support.
The position will report directly to the Executive Director of the Social Development Council.
- College, University or high school level student
- Motivated, passionate, confident, and able to work both independently and in a team
- Familiar with technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, with exceptional time-management skills
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), G-Suite, and video creation
- Marketing and event planning experience is an asset
- The ability to speak and write in French is a highly valued asset
- Ability to work remotely
In compliance with the funding eligibility requirements, applicants must also: be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment; have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year; be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act3; and, be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
30 hours per week for 8 weeks at $14 an hour.
Position 1 starts May 20, 2019 and ends July 12, 2019
Position 2 start July 8, 2019 and ends August 31, 2019.
To apply to this posting, please send a cover letter, and resume to: email@example.com no later than 4:00pm, Friday May 10, 2019. Only applicants to be considered for the position will be contacted. Thank you!
About the Social Development Council
CSD exists to build and strengthen communities. Our mission is to Collaborate with partners to incubate, connect and strengthen social development enterprises across Cornwall Stormont, Dundas, Glengarry and Akwesasne.
Funded by Canada Summer Jobs Program