Project and Administrative Assistant
Part-Time – 6 Month Contract
The Social Development Council (SDC) of Cornwall and Area is looking for a motivated and passionate Project and Administrative Assistant. The Assistant will be under the guidance of the Executive Director of the SDC and will work in collaboration with many partners in the Cornwall, SDG and Akwesasne community.
The Project and Administrative Assistant will provide support for the SDC’s various projects and working groups. The position will be mostly remote however the successful candidate will be expected to attend meetings and events if they are in person.
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, etc.
- Answer and direct emails.
- Assist in event and project planning including creating marketing materials.
- Organize meetings and take detailed minutes.
- Assist in the preparation of scheduled reports.
- Create and manage a social media plan.
- Complete some bookkeeping tasks.
- Conduct local research.
- Work closely with community partners to implement joint projects.
- Other responsibilities as required
- Minimum College Diploma with 1 year of office experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Bilingualism in both official languages is an asset (English and French)
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Canva and Google programs such as Google Docs, Sheets, Forms and more.
- Access to a vehicle and ability to flex time as required.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the local non-profit community.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, remotely and in person.
Submit resume and cover letter to the attention of Carilyne Hébert, Executive Director, via email at email@example.com no later than 4:00 PM on February 16, 2022. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about the SDC please visit www.sdccornwall.ca.
The Social Development Council is committed to maintain a diverse workplace that reflects the community that we serve. To achieve this, we will ensure that equity, diversity and inclusion principles are key considerations in our hiring practices.
As per the Social Development Council’s Vaccination policy, the successful candidate must provide one of the following before their start date:
- proof of being fully vaccinated
- proof of 1st vaccination with intent to be fully vaccinated within 30 days of employment.
- Proof of valid medical exemption.