Part-time Administrative Assistant
28 hours/week at $17.50/hour
Start date: Jan 27, 2017 End date: Sept 8, 2017
The Administrative Assistant will provide support for the Social Development Council’s various programs, including, but not limited to: Caring Dads, Code Heroes, and All Things Food. S/he will assist in daily office needs, and performing general administrative activities under the supervision of the Program Coordinator.
Responsibilities include making meeting arrangements, preparing reports and invoices, maintaining appropriate filing systems, and attending events as needed. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills, strong attention to detail, and be able to organize their work efficiently.
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
- Assist in the preparation of scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Maintain inventory and order office supplies as needed
- Prepare invoices and submit expense reports
- Other responsibilities as required
- Minimum College Diploma with 1 year of office experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, bilingualism is an asset
- Excellent computer skills in word processing, database management, webpage posting and electronic communication software
- Access to a vehicle and ability to flex time as required
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
All applications will be kept on files for one year, and applicants may be contacted for future openings.
Submit resume and letter of interest to the attention of Alex de Wit, Executive Director, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:00 PM on Thursday, January 19th, 2017.